Shakespeare, the human pannus and other atrocities....

I was up and down this week,  I had to work grave shifts most of the week.  I am not sure of the ramifications that these grave shifts have on me.  A fellow co-worker and I were looking at my engagements pictures.  His remark "wow you look so young!"  Really co-worker , "so young"  It was freaking 2 years ago, ya dink!!  Thanks for that.  So inevitably I began to ponder, well if we are being honest worry would be the right word, do I really look that much older in 2 years??  I almost decided to go buy new lotion for my face and face soap.  What in the Haiti is wrong with me.  So digression of thoughts began to spill and tick tock, tick tock I am pondering the greater working of the post pregnancy pannus and how much longer will I have till I can get to the gym.  I kinda hate said co-worker........Well at least for the 5-20 mins he made me spend on thinking I am an old, fat putrid lady!!   

 Well at least my kids rock the socks off me.  Griffin has decided to use such phrases as "Mom that makes me feel down in the dumps" or "Mom I have the sniffles".  All statements I may inform you dear reader are in regards to going to school.  Oh yes, that's right, he can't handle two days a week already.  I am doomed.  Any suggestions on how to get your kids to love school, and I will be your slave for the week.  Or I can get him to do his pee pee dance for you, which I must say is very entertaining.  I never really understand why children hold their pee so long??  Do they really not have enough time in the day??

Meghan is really trying to give me a cardiac infarction.  My days with her consist of me merely trying to keep her fingers out of light sockets, stop her from climbing into the refrigerator, dishwasher, dryer, out of the tub, out of the crib, climb, climb, electrical outlet, climb, climb, sleep, poop, outlet, eat, poop....you get the point.  It is all very cute, but scary nonetheless.

I am so grateful for everything really.  I am grateful that Griffin ate his entire dinner the other day and did not complain.  I am grateful That Meg has not ended up in the hospital yet(for an injury that is).  I am grateful for honest co-workers and a husband who no matter how whiny and  inconsolable I may be.  He still tells me after two children I am beautiful.  I think God has a hand in all this and I am grateful for him.!!  


Hugs and Kisses Amanda~

"The form of things unknown, the poet's pen turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing a local habiation and a name"
  William Shakespeare

 

3 comments:

  • Unknown | April 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM

    I love that some things never change you are still the exact same kookie, neurotic, funny, zany, talented, intelligent, spazoid I have known and loved since high school and I love it! Who doesn't look better in engagement photos than they do working on the graveyard shift at a psych ward? No worries boys are dumb sometimes. Ps I love that griffin inherited his hatred of school from you!

  • Unknown | April 19, 2011 at 7:45 PM

    Oh and beautiful, I forgot to add beautiful to my list of your amazing attributes!

  • pinulia | April 20, 2011 at 6:12 PM

    Thanks Jenny!! Griffin has totally inherited his disdain for school from me haha

Post a Comment